About two decades back, it was often said that you need to have your office in a good business district if you intend to grow your business to the next level.
Now, the same could be said for your website. Big or small, your business needs a website.
- Your website will work for you, showcasing your products and services when you are on vacation or even asleep. In the globalised world of today, your customers aren’t confined to the lanes and bylanes of your locality. There could be people from other parts of the world looking for a particular service or product in your city. If you have a website, there are greater chances of them finding you and buying from you.
- If you are selling products, it is all the more important to have a website. You can sell your products online through e-commerce platforms embedded in your website in the wee hours of the night, long after the regular business hours. That way, you can do your sales even after you have shut down the shutters for the day.
- Your existing customers expect information on newer offerings from your side to be uploaded on your website. These aren’t the days of sending flyers or leaflets to your clients’ home. Everybody has a smartphone and Internet connection. Your patrons except only a short WhatsApp or email message asking them to check the website for new products or offers.
- It is easier for you to showcase your business to potential clients while bidding for orders.
- Even your existing clients will find it easy to refer you for business if you have a website. It will be easy for them to showcase your work to their associates who could be your potential future client.
- These days, online reviews greatly influence buying decisions. So, if you have a website, you can reach and influence a wider audience through testimonials and feedbacks on your website.
- You are the sole owner of your website. As such, you can decide how you want to use your website to interact with the outside world to project your business and brand. Social media often puts certain restrictions, but there is no such compulsion if you have your own website. You can have your own blog to showcase your products, services, special features or offers, as well as positive stories of people who have benefited from your products or services.|
- If you are selling some unique products that require buyer education, you can create an instructional manual and post it on your website for future reference by your customers. This is a good tactic for buyer retention by adding more value to your product and brand.
- A website is not that expensive to make. Your competitors will have one, and therefore, you should have one as well.